TurboTax allows you to file your state and federal taxes online through a series of simple steps. E-filing is extremely convenient because it reduces the manual paperwork you have to complete while filing your tax returns. However, this process is not always smooth sailing. Sometimes users experience that their tax returns are not successfully processed even after selecting the ‘Transmit Returns Now’ option. This could be caused by a simple problem with the internet connection or it could be a software related issue. Either way, you will have to address the issue as soon as possible otherwise you will not be able to file your returns. You can call the TurboTax customer support number on the website and speak to an expert about the problem. You can also go through the solutions mentioned in this article to troubleshoot the problem on your own.
Solution 1: Checking your internet connection
TurboTax needs a stable internet connection whenever you want to file your tax returns online. It the internet connection is slow or breaks frequently the e-filing transmission will not go through.
- Open TurboTax and login in from a different internet browser
- Check to see if you can open an alternate website you have not opened before
- Clear the cookies and the cache along with your browsing history
- Turn off the router and modem and reboot the system
Contact your internet service provider to make sure there are no technical issues with the server or the connections. If possible try upgrading your internet subscription to get a more secure internet connection.
Solution 2: Reset Your Modem and Router
Resetting your devices along with the modem and the router often fixes errors whenever the program freezes during e-filing. Here’s how to reset:
- Turn off your computer and shut off any device connected to the modem.
- Disconnect the modem and router from your computer
- Wait for about half a minute so that your system powers down
- Reconnect your modem and wait for the indicator to show ‘Online’ status
- Turn on the router and wait for the system to identify the network connection
- When your computer is securely connected to the internet re-launch TurboTax and recommence the e-filing process.
If your internet connection is secure but you are still facing issues while trying to file your tax returns you can follow the steps given below:
- TurboTax Online: TurboTax regularly releases updates to add new features and fix any bugs that users may have reported. You should make sure you are using the latest available version of TurboTax. If not then it is recommended that you update TurboTax as soon as possible.
- TurboTax Software: TurboTax is compatible with all major browsers and operating systems. But occasionally some third-party apps may interfere with the e-filing transmission and cause errors. You should close the background applications and pause any virus or firewall protection that is active on your system. You can also use the Selective Startup Mode while e-filing your returns.
The transmission is still not going through and you cannot use the e-filing feature you can contact TurboTax customer support and consult a trained expert on the best way to troubleshoot the issues.
Also Read: TurboTax Phone Number