Filing your income tax returns can be very stressful especially as the tax deadline comes closer and closer. But thanks to the advancements in technology there is a software that can help lower your stress levels, at least when it comes to your taxes. TurboTax is a software that can help you cope with all the paperwork and tax forms related to filing your returns. Different versions of TurboTax offer users different tools and features so that they can file their returns in a systematic manner. If you are just starting out you can call the TurboTax Customer Support number and consult a trained TurboTax expert to know which plan is best suited to your tax need.
Intuit has developed TurboTax so that it is compatible with all operating systems including Mac. TurboTax users should note that the software installation process for TurboTax goes according to the operating system on your device. This article gives you an insight into how to correctly install TurboTax and Mac so that you do not encounter any error is the future when you use the software to work on your taxes.
Steps to follow when TurboTax is not working on Mac:
- Review your internet connection to make sure the network speed is stable.
- Only run the TurboTax software via the application folder on your Mac
- Avoid using the CD or a mounted virtual drive to run TurboTax.
- Restart the modem or router connected to your Mac
- Contact your service provider to see if the servers of the network are working
- Routinely clear your trash folder and delete any temporary files
- Pause or stop any unnecessary downloads on your Mac device
Install TurboTax Updates on Mac
After you have completed the basic troubleshooting steps mentioned above you can connect to the internet and follow the instructions below to update TurboTax in order to get the latest version of the software on your Mac:
- Step 1: Login to TurboTax on your Mac device and go to the main menu
- Step 2: Press and hold the option key for a couple of seconds
- Step 3: The option will shift from ‘check for updates’ to ‘Download latest updates.’
- Step 4: Select the option to ‘Download latest updates’ and follow the prompts shown on the screen to update TurboTax on Mac
Once the TurboTax software is updated you can reboot your Mac device and try logging in once again. If you find that TurboTax is still not working on your Mac device then it is best that you call the TurboTax Customer Service number and speak to a certified technician. They will be able to guide you and help you implement the advanced troubleshooting steps needed to resolve this type of issue using the fastest possible method.
Read More: TurboTax Customer Care Phone Number