One common error which the users face while working of QuickBooks is the update error 1328. In this blog, you would be able to get a complete understanding of this issue. QuickBooks is extremely efficient software which is quite user-friendly. QuickBooks constantly brings in new updates for the software to keep it abreast with the dynamic environment, and when the user faces a malfunctioning in the process of an update, then it has to be dealt with immediately. The users also have the option of connecting with quickbooks desktop support phone number, where they would get all the required assistance and guidance.
What exactly is the QuickBooks Error 1328?
The QuickBooks update error 1328 is an error which takes place when the user is updating, installing, uninstalling, or even while repairing the QuickBooks program.
Major Causes of QuickBooks error 1328
There are several reasons which might cause the error 1328 on the QuickBooks software. One core reason for this update error is the .tmp file in the config.msi folder preventing QuickBooks from finishing the update. Some other possible reasons for facing this issue are:
- When the system is attached by Malware.
- When the files in the software have been corrupted.
- When the installation of the program has been done incorrectly.
- When the user face trouble while downloading the software.
- When there is improper system shutdown which is caused due to power failure.
- When there is some network error which takes place while downloading the software and installing it.
Methods to fix QuickBooks Error 1328
The methods that the users can undertake to fix the QuickBooks Error 1328 is as given below:
Method 1: Do a clean installation of the QuickBooks Software.
If you find that QuickBooks desktop function has been damaged and the simple reinstallation of the software does not solve the issue then you would have to uninstall the software, rename the installation file and then reinstall the program. The steps to be accurately undertaken are as given below:
Uninstall QuickBooks and Rename the installation folder
- Access the control panel on your system.
- Now select the option of Programs and features.
- Further, open the list of programs, then select QuickBooks and finally choose to uninstall it.
- You would have to follow the on-screen instructions now and complete the process.
- Download the QuickBooks Clean install tool file and save it in your system.
- Access the files that you have downloaded.
- Now choose the version of QuickBooks Desktop that you are using and click on Continue.
- You would then receive the message that QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install.
- Further, install to the default directory and click on OK.
Reinstall QuickBooks by doing a clean installation
- Once you have successfully uninstalled the continue with the given steps.
- The first option that the user would have is to install QuickBooks directly from the installation CD.
- The second option which the user would have would be to install QuickBooks through a download file.
- Complete the whole process of installation and then check if the issue arises.
By following the above-given steps, the user would efficiently be able to solve the error code 1328. If you face any difficulty in accurately following the same, you can promptly connect with quickbooks support number.
Source URL: Resolving the Quickbooks Error 1328