QuickBooks Error 1904 is related to the instance where the system becomes non-respondent, acquires some errors, and some of the files appear missing. It can become due to the outdated firmware of the system or when the operating system has not been updated from quite often. When you see this error message, it displays as “Error 1904: (file path/name/extension) failed to register.” You must know that ‘Good things come to those who wait.’ Patiently execute the troubleshooting steps shared in this blog and for any query have a word with the techies at QuickBooks tollfree number.
Different methods to fix QuickBooks Error 1904
Method 1- Running the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
This method only needs to be applied if you have installed the recent version of Windows in the OS. If not, then move to the next step.
- Install QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool in the system.
- Run the tool in the system so that it can fix the errors associated with the program.
- Do not open QuickBooks while executing the steps
- Once done, restart the system to let the changes take effect.
Method 2- Try to fix the Windows components manually
If the first method did not solve the error, then try to resolve the situation by this method.
Repair the Microsft.Net Framework. However, you must only execute this step if you have complete knowledge about computers, otherwise, move to the next procedure.
Method 3- Change the Windows Account Settings
Step 1- Switch to Windows Administrator account
- Click on the Start Menu.
- Type “CMD” and then run the CMD icon. Right click on the icon and select, ‘Run as an administrator.’
- In the command window, type “net user administrator/active:yes,” without quotation marks
- Once the command is complete, close the Windows
- Again click on Start Menu and then sign out
- Tap on the Administrator account and sign in. You can now do this without typing the password.
Step 2- Change the user permissions
- Click on Windows Start or directly open File Explorer.
- Search, C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- Select the Common Files folder with the right-click and then click on Properties
- Open Security tab>Edit>Users (from Group or user names)
- Put a tick mark near, ‘Modify,’ Read and Execute, Read and List Folder in Allow section.
If the above methods do not prove useful, then you can try reinstalling QuickBooks in the operating system. Moreover, for any technical assistance, do have a word with the technical experts at QuickBooks helpline number.
Source url: https://www.quickfixerrors.com/