For years AOL Desktop Gold has been favored as an ideal user-friendly aspect of the technical world for sending and receiving messages through emails. It has constantly been providing its users with an effortless substitute to the otherwise inefficient free email providers.
There are two varieties of AOL Desktop software that is available in the market at present. The first is the regular version which is available free of cost to every AOL user and the other is an advanced version which needs a premium subscription and also provides 24x7 customer support service for their users.
If you are one of those users who is facing the issue of AOL Desktop Gold not responding, then you should engage with this blog to find active solutions against your issue.
Familiar Scenarios of AOL Desktop Gold Is Not Working
It has been seen that AOL Desktop Gold not working has been trending on google, people have been searching for solutions which would solve their issue with this desktop software, after all, it is the portal to your data and any kind of issue which would deny access to your data is ought to irritate you. Some of the most common questions have been stated below:
- AOL Desktop Gold icon won’t start when I click the icon
- AOL Desktop Gold isn’t responding
- The AOL Desktop Gold icon is not retortingAOL Desktop Gold icon not working after installationAOL Desktop Gold icon is irresponsive on Mac
- AOL Desktop Gold icon not responding on Windows
- AOL Desktop Gold not initiating when clicked
Instant measures for your issue of AOL Desktop Gold not opening
If you face the issue of your AOL Desktop Gold not opening, you can try and troubleshoot this issue at your end. Below is the list of things that you can try before rushing to repair the software:
- Try rebooting your system
- Try to initiate the file from its source folder and not from the shortcut
- If it doesn’t respond, enter the AOL settings and reinstall AOL connectivity service.
- You can also try and upgrade AOL Desktop Gold to the available latest version
- Make sure that your system is not infected with any kind of virus or malware that could be interrupting the functioning of the AOL software.
- Try and disable any antivirus and firewall setting that could be causing the issue.
- You can also try using the Windows Restore option, which would return the settings to the last installed AOL update.
- If none of the above-given steps work you can still uninstall and then reinstall the software.