To login to your TP-Link Web Management page. You need to type “www.tplinkwifi.net” on the Top of the web address. For the TP-Link router, make sure your device should be connected with TP-Link Network. It should be either on WiFi or Ethernet cable. TP-Link router helps you to see the various functions that are inbuilt in your router. You can also try the default IP address 192.168.0.1. With a web-based management page, it is easy to configure and manage the TP-Link router. The web-based management page can be managed by any Windows, Macintosh or UNIX OS with a Web browser:
- Google Chrome,
- Mozilla Firefox,
- Microsoft Edge,
- Internet Explorer.
- Apple Safari.
Follow the steps below to log in to your TP-Link:
- Setup the TCP/IP Protocol to automatic mode. Checkmark the option “Obtain an IP address automatically” and “Obtain the DNS Server automatically”. The Default IP address should be 192.168.0.1.
- Enter “http://tplinkwifi.net” on the top of the web browser. You need to create a log in password for your TP-Link as per secure management purposes.
- Click on Let’s Get Started and login to TP-Link Account.
What if you fail to access the TP-Link Archer C60 by typing “www.tplinkwifi.net”?
Sometimes you may fail to access “tplinkwifi.net”.
There are several error messages you will notice while login to your TP-Link:
- Getting the error information.
- No response from the TP-Link server at all.
There are many reasons why this issue occurs, and here we provide some methods to troubleshoot:
- Make sure your computer or mobile device has been connected to your TP-Link Router’s network. Otherwise, you cannot access the login page with the default web address “tplinkwifi.net”.
- If you receive an error message from TP-Link, you have likely cached the public IP address of tplinkwifi.net. You can clear your browser cache and history.
- Alternatively, you can also use a different browser or device. For example, if you use Microsoft Edge, then try Mozilla Firefox to access tplinkwifi.net.
- Use your Router’s default IP address http://192.168.0.1 or https://192.168.1.1 to login instead of the web address tplinkwifi.net.
NOTE: It is interesting to know that 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 is not your Router’s IP address if the network manager has changed it before.
STEPS TO FIND TP-LINK’S IP ADDRESS:
Find your Router’s IP address on Windows Computer
- Open Control Panel on your computer.
- On the top right, select the by Category. Then click View network status and tasks in the Network and Internet category.
- Select the network connections option.
- Click Details in the network status window.
- Lastly, you can see your router’s IP address show as IPv4 Default Gateway.
Router’s IP address on Mac OS device
- At the top left side of your Mac, click on Apple sign > System Preferences > Go to Network.
- Click your network connection option. then select Advanced at the bottom right.
- Click TCP/IP under the Network connections window. Where you can find your router’s IP address show as Router.
Router’s IP address on Linux
- Click on the setting icon in the taskbar of the Linux System.
- You need to select Connection Information. Here, you can find your Router’s IP address that shows as Default Router.
Router’s IP address on IOS
- Go to Settings > select WLAN.
- Click your WiFI network to see the available WiFi network. Lastly, you can find your Router’s IP address show as Router.
Router’s IP address on Android
- Go to Settings > Select WiFi & Network connection.
- Click on the details icon.
- Now, you can figure out your Router’s IP address show as Gateway.
Router’s IP address on Chrome OS
- Check the notification area on the right side of your taskbar of a computer.
- After that, go to Connected to. Where you can click your network connection window.
- Select Network.
- In the end, you can find your Router’s IP address show as Gateway.
- If you have multiple network connections at the same time, such as wired, wireless and VPN, it is recommended to disable or disconnect all your internet and VPN connections and only wired connection to your TP-Link Router.
- Power cycle your Archer C60 Router and Modem, and in addition, also restart your desktops, laptops or phones used to access tplinkwifi.net.
- You can plug in the power cable, or press on the power button twice to reboot your TP-Link Router.
- Temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus software, in the case, at some time it thinks the login web page insecure and blocks them.
- You can go to the Control Panel of your Windows PC to disable the firewall
If these above methods still fail to access your Router’s login page, you may perform a factory reset to this Router.
Steps for reset the router to factory default
- A hard reset will help your device to factory default settings. You should configure the Archer C60 from scratch or you can load the configuration file you have backed up before the reset. The configuration file can be saved in the device.
- For these models, we could see the WPS/RESET button on the rear panel/the Front Panel. To use the WPS function, please push the button for less than 5 seconds, and then the WPS LED will flash; to reset the router, please push the button for at least 10 seconds.
Two methods to reset the TP-Link ArcherC60 to the Router's factory defaults:
Method 1: By pressing the RESET button
When the Router powered on, press and hold the WPS/RESET button (more than 10 seconds) until the POWER LED becomes quick-flash. Then release the button and wait for the Router to reboot and it will go to factory default settings.
Method 2: By login Page of TP-Link Router
If you are on the login page, you could use the Factory Defaults function.
Please go to System Tools -> Under the Factory Defaults” page, then click on the reset button and wait for the Router to reboot to its factory default settings.
- The TP-Link router is powered on before you start the process of reset.
- The default IP address can be found at the bottom label of the Archer C60.
Both username and password are admin.
NOTE: After you perform a factory reset, all your Router settings and configurations will reset to the factory settings, including your personalized SSID and password, login username and password, and other advanced functions.
If all these methods are still failed, you will need to contact our support team. We will further help you to troubleshoot your issue. You can contact our support team through Chat.